Last night I had bible study at my house...about 2 minutes after Sara got there the power went out. I scoured the house for candles and placed them all over the family room. Ones natural instinct is to put some on the mantle right? So I did...
Bible study was great, with much discussion...which I love (especially when I am leading). Then it was over...but still no power. Candles remained lit.
Jonathan called (he was at the guys bible study with Anderson). We decided to go grab some ice cream to get out of the house (it was getting hot in there).
He pulls in to pick me up.
I race around the house and blow out the candles.
I get to the mantle. Then I see it. In the glow of candle light.
Can you see it yet? Let me get a little closer...
I MELTED THE TV!!!! I mean seriously? Those candles get that hot????
Lucky for me...my husband is the greatest and didn't yell, or get mad. We just left as planned, and when we came back and the power was on...we said a prayer, and pushed the tv power button.
Works fine! Just has a little cosmetic defect! ha!
4 years ago

2 comments:
Oh no!!!! Who would have thought that a candle could MELT A TV??!! Girl, where to y'all buy your candles? From NASA??:) haha. That's insane. I'm so happy Jonathan was ok with it. That's so weird. I'm thankful that the power came back on too! I was thinking of y'all last night and hoping it wasn't getting too warm over there. Well, lesson learned...no candles underneath plastic objects...even very large, thick, heavy televisions:)
Well, Jonathan is a peach b/c Josh would have stroked out! :)
Post a Comment